Friday, December 9, 2011

Sweater Turned Hat & Mittens

I'm barely buying Everett new clothes. Most of his 0-18 month clothes came from the thrift store or they were hand-me-downs from friends... like this cute little sweater.


The problem with thrift store/hand-me-down clothes is that sometimes they don't fit right. This sweater was short sleeves on him and his belly was hanging out the bottom (it's size 18-24 mo.) but there was plenty of room on each side of the sweater for all of that Holiday weight he might gain... : )

So the only useful thing to do with the sweater was to donate it, give it to someone else.... or turn it into a cute hat and matching gloves. I chose the latter.

I took a hat that fits him well and used it as a pattern.



Then I made up a pattern for mittens (now he won't have to wear socks on his hands!)



I sewed 'um up and now he has the cutest hat and mitten set in town!


Everett has recently discovered T.V. He loves it so much! So these were the best pictures I could get of him in his new hat... because he was soo busy watching Chuggington.



Trying to look around me:



Cute face. Rubbing hands. Angry face.


"Mom, I'm going to ask you one more time to get that camera out of my face or else..."


And that's how you turn a sweater into a hat and mittens for your T.V. watchin' toddler!

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I WISH I had your talent!!!!!!! the hat and mittens are adorable. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say the same thing as my daughter! YOU ARE ARE ARE AMAZING!! I want to be you for a day and see how fun it would be to have your talent and creativity... Can you come live with me for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete