Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Brecklyn And Her Room

Baby Brecklyn is here!


Her birth story is a long one and might take a few days so for now you can check her and her lovely little nursery out!


I've been working on it off and on for several months. I still might make a growth chart to hang on the wall but I think I'm all crafted out for now. 


I re-covered the rocking chair, made the sign above her crib and made the crib bumper, sheet, and skirt...


... made the mobile and the pillow (out of an old shirt and sweater)...



...re-covered and painted the chest (that my Dad gave me for 8th grade graduation)




...made the curtains, assembled the dresser (Ikea)...



...made some art in photoshop (Pinterest inspired)...




... made the changing pad cover and some wall art. 




(This is what the pictures looked like before... purchased at Goodwill)

I really love her nursery. 

When I first started decorating it I was going to use the alphabet wall that was in our old playroom and make it a bright and colorful nursery. I even had different fabric for the crib bedding... but it just didn't feel right at the time. Maybe when she's older. I also didn't want to go the pink route. I have nothing against the color pink, I just didn't want a pink explosion of a nursery. So I chose coral, gray, and a turquoise color... but of course mostly white. I just love white so much and I think it's fitting for a brand new baby... so pure. 


(And we are renters so the wall color couldn't change)


And that's little baby Brecklyn's nursery!

8 comments:

  1. Freakishly craft. So impressed. I want to be like you when I grow up. Can't wait to here the birth story and see more pictures of your little doll. Congrats Tyrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that last post was obviously Lace and not Ace. But Im sure he would totally agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You're not preg anymore!!! Beautiful room like always. I wish i could decorate like you. You're amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I love you Tyrell! That room is BEEEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the bedding, mobile, artwork... the whole thing is gorgeous and sweet little Brecklyn is just a dolly! I'm SO SO happy for you, and a litttttttle bit envious that your all done being pregnant lol ;) THANK YOU for posting the pics! It was the highlight of my evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! My favorite are the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Both baby and room. Congratulations! You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Brecklyn is a beautiful baby. Can't wait to hear the birth story. The nursery is very nice too. Well done! And YAY for not being pregnant anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your nursery! It's so calming and warm. I hope when Chris and I have a wee one I can be half as creative as you in creating a space for them.
    Congrats on cute little Brecklyn! She is beautiful, just like her momma!

    ReplyDelete