Baby Brecklyn is here!
Her birth story is a long one and might take a few days so for now you can check her and her lovely little nursery out!
I've been working on it off and on for several months. I still might make a growth chart to hang on the wall but I think I'm all crafted out for now.
I re-covered the rocking chair, made the sign above her crib and made the crib bumper, sheet, and skirt...
... made the mobile and the pillow (out of an old shirt and sweater)...
...re-covered and painted the chest (that my Dad gave me for 8th grade graduation)
...made the curtains, assembled the dresser (Ikea)...
...made some art in photoshop (Pinterest inspired)...
... made the changing pad cover and some wall art.
(This is what the pictures looked like before... purchased at Goodwill)
I really love her nursery.
When I first started decorating it I was going to use the alphabet wall that was in our old playroom and make it a bright and colorful nursery. I even had different fabric for the crib bedding... but it just didn't feel right at the time. Maybe when she's older. I also didn't want to go the pink route. I have nothing against the color pink, I just didn't want a pink explosion of a nursery. So I chose coral, gray, and a turquoise color... but of course mostly white. I just love white so much and I think it's fitting for a brand new baby... so pure.
(And we are renters so the wall color couldn't change)
And that's little baby Brecklyn's nursery!









