"What cha thinkin about"
Jake knew I wasn't sleeping. But I sure was thinking. Thinking about what used to be. How we used to pay 1/3 the money in rent that we pay now, how I used to work from 7:45 am to 2 p.m. and wished I had a better job, how working a "late night" for Jake used to mean he was home by 6, how I thought getting up for seminary in the morning was hard, how I used to cook dinner every night.... The times were so good.
Now we pay 3x the amount of rent we used to pay, I work 24 hours a day, working a late night for Jake means he is home between 8:30 and 11, how getting up at any time throughout the night is hard, how I can't wait until my family is here to visit so we can have real dinner food....
I told him all things on my mind and we just smiled at what used to be. It was beautiful.
But now the times are much more beautiful....and adorable:



Jake knew I wasn't sleeping. But I sure was thinking. Thinking about what used to be. How we used to pay 1/3 the money in rent that we pay now, how I used to work from 7:45 am to 2 p.m. and wished I had a better job, how working a "late night" for Jake used to mean he was home by 6, how I thought getting up for seminary in the morning was hard, how I used to cook dinner every night.... The times were so good.
Now we pay 3x the amount of rent we used to pay, I work 24 hours a day, working a late night for Jake means he is home between 8:30 and 11, how getting up at any time throughout the night is hard, how I can't wait until my family is here to visit so we can have real dinner food....
I told him all things on my mind and we just smiled at what used to be. It was beautiful.
But now the times are much more beautiful....and adorable: