The day after Everett was born we were had two visits. One was from Jake's family and the other was Megan. They both asked what my favorite color was and brought plants with corresponding colored blooms.
We brought the plants home (and baby Everett) and put the gifts in the window sill. I am happy to report that both plants and Everett are doing well.
One huge reason I don't want to move out of this house is because of the windows. They are ridiculously over sized and let in a ton of light. LOVE THEM. But when the sun is beating on them, they can't help but heat the house... especially on a warm day.
So we have been closing the blinds to see if that will help keep Phoenix in Arizona, not in our house. I had to take the plants out of the window (to close the blinds all of the way) and I lazily sat them on the nearest piece of carpet.
Then I changed Everett's pants.
I learned another new parent lesson.
I got up to throw the diaper away and then he starts complaining/whimpering.
"There there little one." I thought he was just having separation anxiety. When I got back he had been attacked by the potted rose bush and was fighting back. He had one of the stems squeezed so tightly in his little fist and had wrestled the plant to the ground. I untangled him from the battle he was winning but had to take a few pictures.



I know their proximity was a little close, but tell me how do you wiggle yourself sideways and dump over a plant in .2 seconds.
New parent lesson #4 learned. What were 1, 2, and 3?
Lesson #1. Bath water CAN actually be warm
Lesson #2. Bring diapers wherever you go.
Lesson #3. Bring the formula, the water, AND the bottle.
Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.... Sorry Everett, we're new.
We brought the plants home (and baby Everett) and put the gifts in the window sill. I am happy to report that both plants and Everett are doing well.
One huge reason I don't want to move out of this house is because of the windows. They are ridiculously over sized and let in a ton of light. LOVE THEM. But when the sun is beating on them, they can't help but heat the house... especially on a warm day.
So we have been closing the blinds to see if that will help keep Phoenix in Arizona, not in our house. I had to take the plants out of the window (to close the blinds all of the way) and I lazily sat them on the nearest piece of carpet.
Then I changed Everett's pants.
I learned another new parent lesson.
I got up to throw the diaper away and then he starts complaining/whimpering.
"There there little one." I thought he was just having separation anxiety. When I got back he had been attacked by the potted rose bush and was fighting back. He had one of the stems squeezed so tightly in his little fist and had wrestled the plant to the ground. I untangled him from the battle he was winning but had to take a few pictures.
I know their proximity was a little close, but tell me how do you wiggle yourself sideways and dump over a plant in .2 seconds.
New parent lesson #4 learned. What were 1, 2, and 3?
Lesson #1. Bath water CAN actually be warm
Lesson #2. Bring diapers wherever you go.
Lesson #3. Bring the formula, the water, AND the bottle.
Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.... Sorry Everett, we're new.