Last night I was in my room (craft room) and across the hall Jake was in his room (the office). We were just doing our thing and we kept hearing these loud thuds. After a few of them Jake offered up the possibility "I think those are pine cones hitting our roof."
"Yeah, we're playing a game of dodge ball and the house is loosing big time."
Before we climbed in bed we took a peek outside. We saw lots of stuff in our yard but couldn't really see much, so I was excited to look outside this morning.
I walked outside and I could smell Christmas. Pine trees. But we saw this:

Jake was thinking in the right direction... but instead of pine cones it was Christmas trees.

Look at the size of these boogers. You can't really tell but this thing was over 10 feet tall. It really could be a Christmas tree.

Our front yard looked much the same.

Another huge brach landed just 3 feet in front of my car.
"Yeah, we're playing a game of dodge ball and the house is loosing big time."
Before we climbed in bed we took a peek outside. We saw lots of stuff in our yard but couldn't really see much, so I was excited to look outside this morning.
I walked outside and I could smell Christmas. Pine trees. But we saw this:
Jake was thinking in the right direction... but instead of pine cones it was Christmas trees.
Look at the size of these boogers. You can't really tell but this thing was over 10 feet tall. It really could be a Christmas tree.
Our front yard looked much the same.
Another huge brach landed just 3 feet in front of my car.
Luckily it was yard waste day, so I loaded up the blue bin and set in on the curb. The yard waste truck was just leaving as we got back from our walk. Ev was sleeping so I turned the yard waste bin into a Chia pet one more time. I'm amazed that the trees still have branches.
As I was picking up some of the branches I thought about saving some so I could make a real Christmas wreath. I know its a little late, but I just finished our Fall wreath today.
Can I say that I think its the most fantastic thing ever? And tell me, who doesn't LOVE a red door?
I've finished a few more project around the house too.
You know it was a bad storm when it knocks your pictures crooked. (I left it just for the picture!)
The house was already painted these beautiful colors... all I had to do was decorate.
We're feeling right at home... storm and all.
Thanks for keeping us safe... and our cars!