Skip to main content

It Matters When Its Black And White

When we were at the hospital last week Dr. Holland needed to teach me how to probe Everett. Jake wasn't able to make it so the nurse volunteered to help Everett stay calm.

Everett has a way of making you feel bad for.... well, everything! If I try to pick a booger out of his nose he cries like I've hurt his feelings so bad. Same thing when it comes to clipping his nails. (So that's why he has boogers in is nose and scrapes on his face (from long nails) in every picture...).

When the nurse was trying to console him he looked her right in the eyes and laid it on thick. Her heart melted like butter on toast. A few minutes later she walked in with 3 different stuffed animals. It was no surprise when he picked the black and white cow over the elephant and giraffe.

Photobucket

He has always loved his black and white toys the most. On his jumperoo there is a "wheel" that has a white dog and a black penguin inside, along with a bunch of little balls that make noise when he spins it. Of all the stations on his jumperoo, he loves this one the best. He used to fall asleep trying to get the black and white toys inside.

Photobucket

He has become a little bit obsessed with the black penguin and white dog. For the last week he has been spinning the wheel as fast as he can, throwing a fit, and bouncing like crazy all at the same time. We would spin him the other way and try to distract him with the other toys but he would turn back around and throw a fit. (My blog is 99.9% true and honest. Sometimes I exaggerate a little. This in not the .1%. I am being totally honest when I say he was throwing a fit. Our friends were over and can testify).

So we modified his jumperoo a little.

Photobucket

I have a feeling we might be enrolling in anger management sometime soon.
.
Thanks for color. Hopefully Everett can see it. (And of course, thanks for black and white!).