Skip to main content

Moisturizer

Photobucket

My parents have been divorced my whole life. At least as long as I can remember. My Dad lives in AZ and my mom and step-dad live in CO.

My Dad came to visit us kids a lot…. and because hotels/motels can get expensive, we stayed in some real winners from time to time. You know the ones where the pool water was yellow with lots of leaves, the bathroom had one towel, and the hand soap/face soap/shampoo/conditioner was all in the same bottle? Yep, we stayed in those sometimes.

We didn’t go on many vacations with my mom (most likely because we spent the summers and holidays with my Dad and when else do you vacation?) except for once a year we went to the stock show and rodeo in Denver. Yee Haw. That was our vacation. One year we stayed in a much nicer hotel than normal. I’m talking about the one that has an elevator, an indoor pool, and the shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer have their own bottle.

As a kid, I HATED to shower. My mom would say, “Rell, its bath night.” So I would go stand in the bathroom for ten minutes and then go put my pajamas on. (I told you that I only tell the truth on my blog!) Sometimes my mom would say “Rell, when’s the last time you took a shower” when it looked like I had been bobbing for apples in a barrel of oil.

So I am in the 6th grade and we are in Denver at our nice hotel. Montana and I had just gotten back from a swim in the indoor pool and my mom asked us to get ready to go eat. I volunteered to shower first… probably because showering in a different shower is somehow better. So I hop in the shower. A minute later I realize I forgot the shampoo. So I jump out, get the floor all wet, and I am facing these 3 little bottles. Which one is it? I see shampoo printed on one, conditioner on the second, and moisturizer on the third. Wow, the all-in-one choice is a little easier I thought. So I grabbed them all. I shampooed, conditioned, and moisturized my hair.

When we were all ready we headed to the car. We had only gotten into the hallway when my mom asked “Rell, did you shower?”

“YES MOM”

“Your hair looks really greasy”

“MOM, I REALLY SHOWERED OKAY”

“Did you use shampoo?”

“I used shampoo and conditioner. I even used the moisturizer.”

“Moisturizer?”

“Yeah, there were 3 bottles in there.”

My sister starts laughing. “I wondered why the lotion was in the shower. The moisturizer is lotion. You put lotion in your hair!”

My mom and sister laughed so hard. I think I cried in the elevator.

Now I only laugh when I see three bottles in the hotel bathroom. Someday I’ll have to teach Everett the difference. I’ll tell him to read the labels:

Photobucket

He’ll say WHAT?

Photobucket


Thanks for lotion… I mean moisturizer!