Skip to main content

Peaceful

It snowed for most of the day. There's something peaceful about the snow. I don't know what it is, but I love it.

Photobucket

There's also something peaceful about this little guy, but I do know what it is.

Photobucket

He was sitting in his high chair eating homemade baby food when it happened. I often repeat the words "ma ma" and "da da" so that maybe one day he will repeat them back to me. He took a bite of sweet potatoes and looked right past me to the large snow flakes falling outside. I repeated "ma ma ma ma ma" and that's when he looked me right in the eyes. Our eyes locked for a moment and then he smiled. He smiled as if he were saying Mom I know its you and I love you.

My eyes welled with tears as I fed him another spoonful. I knew that he knew I was his mom and that I loved him too. I felt so much peace in that moment.

...to receive the gift of peace, is far from a temporary, worldly satisfaction. It is indeed a heavenly gift: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. (John 14:27)

Thanks for Everett and the peace he brings into my life.