Friday night I had a dream that I gave birth to our child... a boy... weighing 11 lbs!!!!
I also dreamt that my brother and I were trying to get a post office box for my dad and it was going to cost $8,000 a year. And then we had a dance party in the post office.
I've had the most absurd dreams this past week.
On Wednesday, Jake and Everett came with me to my first dr. visit. I was really hoping that the dr. would say that I was much farther along then I am because I feel like a boat already. But he pronounced me 11 weeks, 2 days... which was exactly my assumption. Here is the little thing:
We heard the heartbeat and even saw it dance a little. It was very reassuring that feeling like poo hasn't been in vain... and that I am indeed growing another human. I am one of the lucky pregnant ladies that doesn't ever actually throw up... but I just feel like I'm going to all day. It was the worst at 6 weeks but by 9 weeks I was feeling better. Then, in Colorado, I had the WORST. GAS. EVVVVVER. Holy batman, it was bad. But as soon as we came to AZ it's been gone. I no longer smell like a sewer plant. I am over 100% positive that it was the water that was making me so stinky. That experience brings a whole new meaning to "there must be something in the water" lol.
So, at 12 weeks, I feel pretty good. Pretty good for a pregnant lady that is (which is just "ok" in normal life). Every few hours I start to feel pretty dumpy... so I have to eat something and then I feel better. Which explains why I look like a whale already. Here's how the equation works:
no throwing up + eating every 10 minutes = feeling huge
I know that most women show sooner in their 2nd+ pregnancies, but by 8 weeks I looked like I was 15 weeks or more with Everett. Just for comparison purposes...
13 weeks-Ev 16 weeks- Ev
10 weeks this time
20 weeks-Ev
By 12 weeks your baby is typically the size of a peach.... that's one giant peach!
And the biggest kicker of all... I started this pregnancy 5 lbs lighter than I did with Ev and I somehow look bigger. The weird thing is that I still don't even weigh as much as I did before Ev was even conceived. Maybe it's just more belly, less body this time (if that makes any sense). But, I still have a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go and I feel like March 10th is forever away.
There is a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel though. Dr said that if Ev was over 8 lbs that means that my additional babies could be 9 lbs or more, so if I want, he'll induce me early. Something is telling me that it's best for my body to decide when to go into labor... but I might change my mind in the next 6 1/2 months. We'll see. For now, we have to get through almost every holiday except for independence day before this peach-of-a-person is born.








