Last weekend we went to Payson.
We were all a little excited to pack our suitcases and get out of town!
Breckie especially enjoyed packing :)
We had quite the time getting out of town.
On our way out we got word that Jake's office bathroom was flooding... so we dropped him off there and went to the library, QT for slushies, out to see the framing on our new house, spilled the slushies so we went back to QT, and then back to Jake's office to wait until the problem was fixed. #life
By the time we started driving for real, we were ready to eat dinner 😆
But we made it to Payson
We went to spend the weekend with some friends at their parents cabin
It was dreamy.
The views and fresh mountain air were GREAT.
The first night we sat outside, bundled up, looking at the stars.
We saw 5 shooting stars and I wished on all 5 of them.
Not really, but if I did the wishes would probably be:
I wish to move to Utah or have a cabin in Payson
I wish Roxy slept through the night
I wish our house was done or we were moving to Utah
and probably a few personal wishes.
But I was too tired to wish anything because Roxy had gotten up 3 times the night before and permanently work up at 5 a.m. so we went on a stroller ride and looked at the morning stars and watched the sun rise. And I was tired. #life
The next morning (after Roxy woke up 3 times 😪) we went to the park.
I re-lived some fun memories of elementary school pushing my kids on the tire swing.
They loved it.
And then I gave Jake a real push.
It was pretty entertaining.
I think Everett spent at least 8 hours watching movies in the theater. But Jake taught him how to play pickle ball so I think that off-sets the TV binge 😉
And I got to see a few Fall leaves.
It was nice to just hang out, be outside, and relax.
Roxy did take a few monster naps so that was nice.
Sunday afternoon we drove home with the rest of the campers and talked about how as kids we made fun of the people with campers and laughed at how they weren't really camping and now we wish we were the camper campers because real camping is... well... a lot of work with little kids (which is precisely why we haven't taken Roxy camping).
We're grateful to have great friends and to have had a weekend out of town.
Back to our desert home we came.
















