Skip to main content

Shelly

While I was gone to the Grand Canyon (for a whole 33 hours) Jake took the kids swimming at a friends house and then came home to find this African spurred tortoise just walking down the sidewalk!


He 'rescued' it and she's been our lucky pet since. 



Roxy (obviously) is blown away at how cool the tortoise is! We named her Shelly.
We were out feeding her one night and Breckie says (so genuinely and sweetly) "Dad, I feel so happy now that I have a pet" 


 They aren't wild here so she was someones pet to begin with. I don't know how long we'll have her but for now it's great.


She's pretty heavy. AT LEAST 20 pounds but Jake thinks she's closer to 30. She could be anywhere between 5-10 years old so I'd like to think that Ironhide came back to find us! (because the replacement tortoise (Ironhyde) didn't make it through that Winter)


 *Update: We weighed her.... 36 lbs!