Skip to main content

"Brocamole" and Other Funnies

I took Everett's 7.5 pictures after school on a SUPER RARE cloudy day. It was a last minute thing so he ended up changing his clothes in the back of our mini van. While he's changing I hear Breckie (in a sing-song teasing voice) say "I see Everett's boobies..." 

Me:  ðŸ˜‚ (silently)

Everett: "Breckie I DO NOT have boobies. Boys don't have boobs, only girls!"

Breckie: "oh yeah!"

Everett isn't the leanest kid. I wasn't either. In fact, we have identical body types and I have the same struggles clothing him that I had growing up. But still, I was (sympathetically) laughing because it WAS funny the way they were having the conversation. 

***


Here's another one:

Sunday morning we got ready for church early so I could scout out a spot for our automatic-timer Christmas card picture later that day. We were stopped on the side of the road and I got out to find a good spot. I was walking around in the desert and Everett asked what I was doing.

Jake: "Mom just has to pee and is looking for a good spot"

Everett: "NO! Mom's can't pee outside!"

Breckie: "Yeah cause Mom's don't have weiners so they can't point it. Girl pee just goes everywhere"

Jake: 😂

Breckie only knows this because I helped her pee at the park (camping style) behind a bush last week. 


***



Breckie and I were scrolling through pinterest looking at Christmas food. She sees this picture and says:

"Yum! Brocamole"

This is when being a mom is the best thing in the whole world. I'm assuming the brussel sprouts reminded her of broccoli or it looked like guacamole. Either way, I adore her. 

***

Just last night we were playing a wild game of Nerf gun war. Everett was shouting the rules as he ran from one hiding place to the next. He was re-creating Call of Duty... we all had 4 "health" (meaning we could get hit 4 times before we "died") but then there is veteran mode where you only have "1 heath". So we're playing and then Everett shouts out:

"Okay Mom, now your a vegetarian so if you get shot once you die"

***

This morning we are getting in the van to go to soccer practice (#soccermom) and Breckie finds a dime and:

Breckie: "Here ya go Mom"

Me: "Oh thanks!"

Breckie: "You can have it since you're raising money for our new house"

***


Breckie: "Mom, smell my hand!"

Me: (I smell it) "OH NASTY! did you itch your butt?

Breckie: YES! (Giggle giggle)

***

Breckie: "Mom, will I be a mom before Everett?"

Me: "Well, it mostly depends on who gets married first. Do you want to be a mom?"

Breckie: "Uh huh... but mostly I want to be Rapunzel!"

***

(Me, singing along to the radio)

Everett: "Mom, you're ruining it!"

Me: I'm ruining it?"

Everett: "Yeah, cause I can hear your voice"

***

Breckie: "Mom, I want a Elsa alarm clock for Christmas"

Me: "Oh yeah?"

Breckie: "That way I can keep sleeping in the mornings"

:)

***

Breckie: "Will Roxy be a big girl still named Roxy?"

Me: "Yep"

Breckie: "Well I don't really like that name for her when she's bigger."

***

Breckie: " EVERETT STOP! I DON'T LIKE THAT! I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING YOU DO!"

***

There are so many other funny things that I didn't get a chance to write down in the moment and have forgotten... but I am so thankful for my kids and how often they make me laugh out loud and make my insides smile.