This year was the first time it would be the 5 of us... and just the 5 of us. We put some thought into what we'd want to eat and decided on the traditional Thanksgiving feast... with a few twists.
We wanted ham, but when we thought of mashed potatoes and gravy we couldn't bear the thought of eating it without turkey (but we'd never eat through a turkey just the 5 of us) so we decided to get a rotisserie chicken the night before.
#winning.
Breckie made the pumpkin pie on Wednesday. Since so much of our stuff is still packed (I must have put the rolling pin in a box I didn't think we'd need until the house was done) we used a water bottle to roll out the pie crust.
We spent Thanksgiving day playing board games, nintendo, iPad games, watching movies, and playing. Before I knew it I was halfway done cooking our Thanksgiving meal and I hadn't had any help so I was determined to do ALL of it solo.
Jake took care of the kids... which is totally the more difficult task.
Around 4:30 we had ham, rotisserie chicken, cranberries, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, steamed asparagus, and sausage stuffing. I felt like a boss. It was all done and warm at the same time!
I win!
Jake's contribution was keeping the kids alive and the bottle of sparkling cranberry juice.
The kids actually ate pretty good besides their mashed potatoes and gravy #gravyhaters
And who knows why Breckie is pouting and crying... she's been doing a whole lot of that lately 😠 but I was feeling like a boss!!
Each kid said they were thankful for their family and Heavenly Father and that their favorite part of the meal was the cranberry sauce and cranberry juice 😁😆 (the only two things I didn't make at all!)
We have so much to be thankful for. Life really is so good (when someone isn't crying, pouting, keeping us up at night, screaming, or whining 😅).
Hahaha!
But really, we are so thankful for this life.













