Skip to main content

Sick for Christmas






Christmas morning these two were up at 5:00. It's like they planned it or something. 

For too many reasons this was one of my least favorite christmases ever. All three kids and I had the flu. It was the most sick I have been in a REALLY long time. The kids are still trying to recover. We had fevers for days, night sweats, unable to regulate our body temperatures very well, coughing, puking, boogers, pink eye, sneezing, diarrhea, bloody noses, and then Breckies eye/face swelled up and we can't figure out why. This is all after Roxy had hand, food, mouth disease for 10 days.



So that wasn't/isn't fun. We only got one Christmas card in the mail, zero plates of cookies (we did get a bag of kettle corn delivered to our door from our real estate agent), we didn't go to a Christmas party (work or friends), and we didn't have any visitors on or around Christmas, we didn't get to go to church on Christmas Eve day #sick, and everything is just so much less awesome in our uncomfortable rental house.



I'm whining.

Then Santa picked the wrong item to get Everett off of his letter to Santa. So there were tears and disappointments on top of everything else. Jake gave me a very creative IOU (lightroom... so he put a light bulb and a business card that said ROOM in my stocking). But I forfeited that in order to get Everett what he wanted.


Christmas Eve we loaded up all the sickies and drove around looking at lights one last time. We read the last of our Christmas story and read the real story out of Luke. We stayed up and watched all of the Light the World videos. Christmas night we all snuggled in our bed and watched Santa Clause. 

So there were some highlights.

*Breckie and I playing Barbies because I didn't get a picture of her opening anything. 

Christmas as a child is so magical... it just seems like one or more of the kids has been sick on Christmas for as long as I can remember. Hopefully next year we won't catch the flu and we'll be a little more comfortable in our new house.