Father's Day started Saturday night.
Jake and I went out to Red Lobster.
We had a gift card.
It's funny because the whole time we were waiting we were like "this is where old people come to eat" and other similar comments but then our food came and it changed our minds pretty quickly. It was REALLY GOOD!
The waitress said we ordered the two best plates on the menu, so that helps :)
For dessert we both thought the key lime pie looked SO good, but we are total dessert hounds and didn't want to share (or pay $7 each for one bite of key lime pie) so we went to the grocery store on our way home and bought a whole pie 😅
We also bought a whole can of whip cream.
On real Father's Day we swam and ate cookies in the morning.
It's 100% sensory overload with all three kids in the pool and all three wanted to play on/with/right-next-to Jake on his special day :) Imagine: one hanging on you pulling out arm and leg hairs as they try to stay attached to you (choking you too), one wiggling out of your arms thinking they'll float without you, and one violently splashing you at all times.
Roxy has been SO FUN lately and will copy things we say and do. She started plugging her nose and putting her face in the water! She's the coolest.
After church we had tacos and the rest of the key lime pie and whip cream straight out of the can.
I can almost guarantee Jake farted in-between those pictures 😁
Everett kept commenting that he wished there was a "kid's day" because there is a Mother's Day and a Father's day but no kids day. (This is SO Everett's personality)
After dinner we played cards and Candy Land.
It had been a crazy day full of lots of playing and kids arguing and playing and being loud. Jake was being goofy and made Breckie "calm down" a little and it made for the cutest pictures. (Look how nice Breckie's hair looks on Sundays!!!)
Roxy was too busy for a pictures, but at least I got one with the two older kids on Father Day!!
I don't ever get super mushy about Jake being the best husband to me and the greatest father to our children because it's just not something I can do. I can't put into words how I feel about him. He is all that a husband and father should be and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more! He's, by far, the coolest, best, most-loved member of our family. And nobody will deny that.
*From Breckie













