Skip to main content

Go Team Jake

 A couple weeks ago our family met up with some longtime friends of mine. Jake had met them once at our wedding reception and we send Christmas cards back and forth, but we haven't seem them in person in a long time. 

They were in town and so we went out for pizza. 

(They are our parent's age... just so the story makes more sense)

Throughout the evening (whenever Jake was away from the table... 1. getting soda for the kids) one of them would comment how they are really impressed by Jake. 

and then again 2. getting everyone forks: "I really like him!"

and again 3. changing Roxy's diaper: "Is he being for real? Like, is this how he is all of the time or is it just because we're here?"

Well, Jake is just the best. I totally won the lottery when I married him. He really is that good. 

Although the 6 months we knew each other before we were married isn't long enough for anyone to know everything about a person; I knew who he was. You can just tell when someone's a keeper, and I knew right away. 

I knew he'd take care of me and love me and I knew he'd be a good dad. 

And he continues to prove himself everyday. 


He's what dreams are made of. 


He's the family favorite (in our family AND in our extended families :)


He's simply the best!