Skip to main content

The Weekend

If you ever want to make Everett happy, tell him we're having a movie night. Or that he can stay up late and swim. Or that we're having treats!

We decided to have a Friday-night-homemade-Blizzard-and-night-swimming party to celebrate the first week of school. 


We picked up a tub of vanilla DQ ice cream (for $2!!!!) and a bag of Reese's and made our own blizzards. We added extra peanut butter and now I don't know if I could ever NOT make my own. It was the best!

Night swimming was a blast. Roxy has been trying to jump off the diving board lately and it's SUPER stressful and funny all at the same time. Breckie swims without a life jacket now and is jumping off the diving board all by herself too! 

Breckie has been a drawing and coloring machine lately and it's adorable. She drew a little caterpillar and the picture on the right is my favorite pictures she's ever colored... and then Roxy scribbled on it (in pen) and poked a few holes in it. But I love her people (especially the one climbing the monkey bar ladder) and I love that her alternating colors in the puddle and slide ladder. She has always loved arts and crafts and it's cute to see her get better. 


On Saturday Breckie's friend had a birthday party/tea party and the girls dressed up like princesses. She was in Heaven. (It was a girls only party (duh) so the bothers came to our house and swam with Everett.)


Then she came home and colored Rapunzel... 


... and then cut her and the lantern out and decorated her room. 


She had already put up that multi-colored sloth-looking thing a few weeks ago. I'm only kind-of sad I'm not the sole decorator anymore 😉