Our last full day in Colorado (almost 20 days ago 😅) we went to the Durango Rec Center to swim.
The water was SUUUUPER warm and it was super kid friendly and we really liked it.
Everett spent 85% of the time in the whirlpool. I kept asking my mom where he was and she kept saying he was there but every time I went to check on him I couldn't find him. I didn't know if this was one of those "Home Alone" situations where she thought it was him but it was really another kid in the same swim trunks or something. But he really was over there!
The water slide was super fun. Even Roxy and I went down it!
Nini's Taqueria was on the bucket list so we went downtown for some tacos after swimming.
We love nini's. The tacos are super good and the mango salsa is even better! (The kids had McDonalds drive through before because they don't know how to appreciate good food yet 😄)
My mom was the biggest help herding the kids and buying me food, buckling kids in carseats and playing with them at the pool.
And as promised, we got marshmallow sticks at the Chocolate Factory again. Because I am the coolest.
I tried to point out the towers on the mountain that we hiked to Everett so he could see how awesome he was. The clouds were also pretty epic. We ended up jumping on the trampoline in the rain later.
And to top off the last day, Grammy and Papa Tim took us to the Bar D.
We were SUUUUUPER bummed that the train wasn't working that day, because it's tradition to ride it, but they offered a few wagon ride pulled behind a tractor as a replacement. It was actually pretty fun and the views were spectacular. The Bar D is right at the bottom of some pretty red-rock sandstone-y mountains and the wagon ride took us out into a little meadow where we had a pretty view. I'm a geek for pretty landscape views... but I didn't have my phone or a camera so you'll just have to trust me.
Roxy was obsessed with the train.
The dinner and show were great! I think they only sang one song that I even recognized... the other seemed new... especially "guitarzan"
We played a few games while we were waiting but Breckie was being the biggest punk EVER. I think she needed a nap. Or two. So this was her creation because she couldn't play nice with others :)
But after a long nap (nighttime) we woke up happy, packed, and then headed home.
Breckie stole one of Bridget's decorations (a little stuffed flamingo) but I didn't know until we were already in AZ.
On the way home it rained. It was one of those roll-down-the-windows-and-smell-the-rain moments. But it only lasted a minute... because we were going 75 mph. But we happened to be in the mountains so it reminded me of all the Summers we spent camping when it would rain on us.
Eventually we made it home. The trip was great and Roxy didn't even cry until the last 25 minutes... but then things got real ugly. But I'd say the entire trip was successful and many happy memories were made.
Hopefully the kids will still be good travelers when we go back in October!

























