Skip to main content

We Can't Have Nice Things

Ok, so I'm still getting caught up... I NEEEEEEEED a laptop...

The VERY next day, after we got home, we went sofa shopping. Jake has disliked our couches for... well, since forever. 

We got them at IKEA when we were selling our house in WA that we had just remodeled. They we're "temporary" but also weren't meant to be our long term couches either (they are very small and not friendly to people over the age of 10 or taller than 5 feet). But we still have them as our main and only couches. 

So he wants new couches badly.

He's convinced it won't be THAT expensive. 

So we went out to take a look. Which I was happy about. I love decorating and I've been so good about NOT decorating anything for so long and then seeing my mom's house all cute and decorated made me yearn for a decorated home. Right now we have MILES AND MILES of white, bare walls and doll-house-sized furniture. No character. (Except the pantry door that Jake installed while we were gone!)

Back to couches. 

We looked at the mega huge furniture store and didn't like anything. 


Then we went to the Potato Barn (super nice, hip furniture store) and Jake liked two different sectionals... $4,000

I found one I loved but it wouldn't be the best fit  #itwaswhite

So we stopped looking. But the decorating itch was very super itchy so one day I made my kids go allllllll around town(s) looking for things. 



On our way to IKEA I took them by our old rental house in Chandler. Nobody remembered it but me.  I liked living there. 


I actually don't think we bought anything on this trip to IKEA... but I did see a bed cover I wanted for Everett's room. 



On the way home I tortured our kids one last time and went to Living Spaces. I'm pretty sure we can find a great couch there that won't totally rob us.... someday. 


But in the meantime... we'll be scrubbing the walls. When will she learn... when will I learn??!


This is why we can't have nice things yet!