Skip to main content

Anniversary Trip To Flagstaff

You could say that I had a breakdown about the length and hotness of Phoenix Summers a few weeks before our Anniversary and whined to Jake that I just needed to be in the mountains and see real trees and wildflowers and feel the cool mountain air. 

And because Jake is the very best husband of all time, he planned our anniversary trip to Flagstaff. 


He's the best and I love him for it. 

*yellowing hair 😩

So Effie and Tillie took care of the kids and house and we left on a Friday morning. 


As soon as we got to Flagstaff we went mountain biking and I told Jake 18,620 times that this was just what I needed!!!


We saw trees and views and wildflowers and blue skies with white fluffy clouds and we both loved it so much. So much that we immediately decided that someday we would have a cabin in Flagstaff. 


Jake swears that he suggested we move to Flagstaff when we first planned on moving to AZ and I said something like "no, I don't ever want to be cold again." If I did say that, than I wish all of my wishes to take it back!!! But since that won't change anything, the second best option is to visit often and someday buy a cabin. 




The best part, we parked in our hotel parking lot and rode bikes to the trail. There are trails ALL OVER the city. 


Jake was about to pass out from no food and voiced his undying love and craving for Cafe Rio... so we went. Then we went to check out downtown Flagstaff. 






It was pretty cool. We went into some shops and found some cool things. 









We sat at the park and people watched a little :)



Then ice cream by the fire!