Skip to main content

Lake Eileen

One of the days we were in Colorado Jake, Everett and I went for a hike. I always look forward to our Colorado adventures!


I remember when out-of-towners would point out the deer like it was something new... and now I'm an out-of-towner pointing out the deer :)



I love a lot of things... but Summer and Fall in the mountains is definitely at the top of that list. 



I have a billion pictures... because I'm obsessed. 




It was blue skies for a little while and then the clouds rolled in pretty quickly. 





Everett was the best hiker. I sure am proud of that little guy!













Aspen trees are my all time favorite!












And then we made it! The lake was so pretty!









I couldn't get enough. 


And then it started raining. We hid under some trees and ate some beef jerky. 



 I ran out to take pictures of the lake one last time before heading back down.


The rain came down hard and fast. Then it turned into hail! We were freezing... mostly our hands. The wind was crazy and then we heard a tree fall. A few minutes later we saw that the tree had fallen right on the path. We said a prayer we'd be safe getting back down because there were dead trees everywhere. 


For real, like 10 seconds later the storm stopped. Later Everett was telling people that's how he knows Jesus is real. Because he stopped the storm so fast :) I love childlike faith!


It was such a fun hike and I'm so glad my mom let the girls hand out with her while the three of us could adventure together. We'll never forget it!