Skip to main content

Let's Taco 'bout it.

Jake and I went to a taco social at the church last week. Our neighborhood is growing so fast that it's hard to meet all the new people or know who is new and who isn't. 

Unfortunately it landed on the same night and at the same time as the daddy/daughter dance at the elementary school. 

Jake and Breckie opted to do a date the next night instead of the dance so that Jake and I could go to the taco social. 


It ended up being really fun. We didn't get to meet anyone new but we strengthened some existing friendships so that was good. And the tacos (and cupcakes!) were delicious. Jake and I got honorable mention in the salsa contest... thanks to Costco 😆



The next night 3 dads go together and took out their daughters. Breckie got all dressed up. She wore a dress, we curled her hair super nice, we pained fingers and toes (pink with glitter), she did her own make up and wore some of my super fancy earrings. 

They went out to dinner, got milkshakes, and then saw the new lego movie! The only tragedy is that we forgot to take any pictures! But it happened and they all had a great time. Jake is looking forward to doing it again sometime :)

Everett and I watched Thor and ate popcorn in my bed. He kept saying it was the best day ever!