Skip to main content

Pinkalicious Kupkax


Several days a week Breckie brings home papers that look like this. Her teacher reads a book and they draw a picture and write somethings about the story. 

I especially love her drawings and lately she's been making a real effort (or her teacher is HIGHLY encouraging her) to sound out the words. I'd like to think it's all coming from her... but you never know with Breckie. She is quite deceptive. She likes to exaggerate and stretch the truth so I'm never quite sure. 

Several months ago she came home with a new water bottle. She told me "Mrs. Thomas gave it to me."

I thought that was very generous of her teacher since I'd just been sending her with a disposable water bottle re-filled each day. 

A month or two later she came home with a super sparkly clip in the shape of a bow. It was SUPER cute! She told me again that "Mrs. Thomas gave it to me."

I knew Mrs Thomas was an amazing teacher but she was blowing my mind with all of these gifts!

Super ironically, we ran into Mrs. Thomas at a decorating store that evening. I told her thank you for the beautiful clip. She seems confused so I clarified that Breckie told me that she gave her the clip at school today. 

"Oh! We were going through the lost-and-found today and Breckie said it was hers"
Breckie was standing right there and I assumed the embarrassment of the situation was a sufficient punishment. 

So technically Breckie wasn't lying but she wasn't telling me the truth either. 

She came home with two little Shimmer and Shine clips this week and when I asked her where she got them she slyly said "Mrs. Thomas gave them to me."

I asked her to tell me the truth. 

After hesitation, she confessed she found them on the playground. 

Then I asked her to tell me the truth about the water bottle from months and months ago. She told me that she found that in the backpack line before school one morning. She said she asked her whole class and no-one said it was theirs so she kept it. 

I have to keep close tabs on her. She'll be the teenage girl that tries to sneak out the window at night. Actually, she won't. She'd never do that! (this is me using positive thinking!!!)

But until we get there 😅 here are her SUPER cute Kindergarten drawings and writing :)


I love her stamp on the back :) I have a feeling she tried to spell Saturday but I'm not totally sure :)


I got her to de-code the "valentines card" one but she wouldn't tell me the Lincoln one. 


This one says "I felt nervous when my brother hugged me"


I love her... lets just hope she doesn't grow up and try to sneak out the window!