Skip to main content

Anniversary #13

Jake and I didn't plan anything big for our anniversary. We felt like our trip to Switzerland could suffice :)

But one of Jake's clients owns a super cute townhouse in Flagstaff and offered it to us for our anniversary. How cool is that?! It's 3 bedrooms so we brought the kids. 

I was EXTRA EXTRA excited to stop by the Goodwill Outlet while we were there to see if I could find any old books. They are only $.50 there (but $3.99+ in the valley)!

I found a really good load. I am so excited. 

I also found this old folder of old pictures and letters... I think antiques and history is a little too cool sometimes :)


We spend Friday and Saturday night there. It was so nice to get out of the truck and NOT be boiling hot Friday night!

It was about 78 degrees on Saturday which was a real treat. The funny thing is that it was magically only 98 degrees in the valley (a solid 10 degrees cooler than it has been) but we were still happy to get out of town. 

We brought our bikes and rode around the townhouse neighborhood. It was so nice to be outside and see big pine trees and fluffy white clouds in the blue sky. I am such a nature nerd! And, of course, I was trying to scheme up a plan/idea of how to move there 😂

We took the kids on a big, long bike ride into town, through the college campus, and onto a nature trail. I was surprised and impressed at how well they all did. 






Saturday evening we went out to Red Lobster. Roxy was being one of those kids that completely embarrassed you while we were there... but it was only 4:00 so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. 


We ate early because we skipped lunch AND because I wanted to be able to walk downtown and still have the movie night I promised the kids. 


I asked Breckie to take our picture :) 

She kept my phone and took 10,000 more! All around town. 




*ADORABLE!!!! 


I was on a quest to find a treat. We found a cute bakery but kept moving. 


We found the Sweet Shoppe... 


We shared mint fudge and a cookies and cream caramel apple.


Breckie was being adorable. She took a picture of everything!




The boys let us go into a cool store or two. 



                                     

Eventually we made an emergency potty break at the library and then went back to the townhouse to start our movie and popcorn. 


The next morning we had chocolate Kodiak cakes covered in Nutella and sliced bananas and played Ticket to ride. I have never played a board game so poorly in my life! I honestly think I ended up with negative points but Everett did AMAZING! 

The girls were in and out of the house picking flowers and playing with the cat toys 😹 (little stuffed animals). I absolutely love when they play like that together. 

We packed and cleaned and headed home. 

It was a fun and successful anniversary trip to Flagstaff. I think we all cried when we got back home. Or maybe our eyes were just sweating??!