I always wished we lived in a real neighborhood with pavement and sidewalks when I was a kid.
We got a little taste of it in the Summers at Dad's house but I was always envious of my school friends that lived in town and played together in the neighborhoods.
At least our kids get to experience it. And it's pretty fun for me too.
It seems like the neighbor kids are ALWAYS at our house. There is good reason too. We are fun.
I take them to the park, on bike rides, scooter rides, they jump on the trampoline, we have every ball imaginable, they play house, swing, swim, play pickle ball, we have good snacks, and I generally let them do whatever they want (obviously within reason).
This causes me a lot of stress but I think it's worth it. It's fun to see your kids grow up with neighbor friends and its also fun to watch the neighbor kids grow up too!



