Breckie spent the entire week home, sick. At first her tummy hurt. Then her head.
Then a 3 hour nap on the couch.
She woke up with a fever.
Then her stomach hurt again. But much worse this time.
I asked her where it hurt. I had a feeling I should look up appendicitis.
She literally had every single symptom exactly how it was described.
She was screaming and crying like she was having contractions.
We thought about taking her to the ER.
She had been laying on the couch this whole time. I made her sit up, she immediately puked in a bowl and then I had her go to the bathroom.
Then everything was fine. She was ALL better!
The next day she was great until the evening and her fever came back. This went on for 2 more days.
I asked her a million questions (including, "does your throat hurt? does it hurt to swallow?") and she always said no. It was just a fever that kept coming back.
Jake and I were flying out Saturday morning for Steamboat Springs. We had SOOOOOOOO been looking forward to our ski trip with Edward Jones. Life had been out of control busy and stressful and we just kept holding out for our upcoming trip.
Getting everything prepared while having a sick child just added to the stress. I was complaining to a friend and after a few conversations she mentioned that her son when through the same symptoms as Breckie and oddly enough it ended up being strep.
We already had 5 guests in town (and two more were coming the next day), so as soon as I got home from Costco (picking up food for everyone to eat while we were gone) I took Breckie to the Urgent Care.
She had strep.
BUT HER BIRTHDAY PARTY WAS THE NEXT DAY!!!
We ended up being able to get her on her meds in enough time that she wouldn't be contagious for her party.
A party that we had 5 days early because we were going to be gone for her actual birthday.
It was such a stressful week but I think Breckie suffered just as much as I did!
