I seems that I am always internally conflicted. Maybe this is just life, but I feel like it's pretty intense for me.
The neighbors.
They are over EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
I'm sure you are tired of reading about it. I LOVE that I have a home and yard big enough for them all to come and play (basically) whenever they want. We have a trampoline, playhouse/swing set, a pool, lots of floaties, goggles, towels for everyone, bikes, scooter, balls, crafts, and all activities for them to participate in. I truly feel blessed to have a home they feel comfortable in.
I LOVE that the kids get along. There are always little arguments but they also play for hours and hours everyday. They practically act like cousins or step-siblings.
I LOVE that my kids have friends right next door.
But I don't love that I always say yes. They are always over.
Always.
I don't love that I get to be the one to hear all the chaos of having FOUR extra kids in my house at all times, I don't love picking up their stuff all the time (the messes, OH MY GOSH THE MESSES), I don't love all the extra pool towel laundry, I don't love telling Breckie to share 68 times a day.
It's like un-paid babysitting ALL THE TIME. But I feel so obligated and I don't know why.
They love me and love playing at our house.
But today I had to say no.
Because we always say yes. We are always sharing everything with them. Our home, our time, our hobbies. It's literally as if we are raising twice as many kids. I want our kids to have happy childhoods and happy memories but for my sake, I said no today.


