Skip to main content

Ali's Birthday

We are pretty tight with the neighbor kids. 

We have spent quite a bit of time together this summer especially... well, really since the coronavirus hit AZ. 

The day before Ali's 9th birthday, Emily and I happened to make banana bread muffins. It was her idea to stick 9 candles in and sing her happy birthday... then her wheels got to turning and asked if we could do a pool movie night for her too.


So the next day, on Ali's birthday, her dad had us over for tacos and chocolate cake. Cody is an incredible cook/home chef. He is always bringing over samples of whatever he's making and it's honestly the best food I've ever had. 



And apparently he can bake too because the chocolate cake was to die for!


Emily & Ali are the two that are over the most... and then their older sister Layla started coming over to play too. Carter had been sneaking over any chance he could get too.

*Emily stole my phone and took pictures of Ev & me (loading their dishwasher).

After we ate, the kids came over and started swimming. With 9 kids total, Jake was a little heavy with anxiety. I am a little more use to the chaos since they're over so often



*Roxy is hiding behind Layla's leg... you can see her one purple arm floatie



We set up the screen and they watched Turbo and ate popcorn when it got dark. 

I hope they know how lucky they are to all have each other as neighbors!