Jake worked for most of the days we were in Colorado. There has been many things that have improved because of covid and one of those things is Jake being able to work remotely.
He could do it before but with more challenges. He currently isn't able to meet with any clients face to face anyways, so most of his appointments are over the phone or are video.
We stopped by one of my favorite stores first; TJ MAXX. The girls both found Shopkins and were super happy about it. Then we headed downtown... mostly because I wanted some more of that ice cream!!
We were supposed to wear masks in each store so we didn't go into many. But my favorite store was an outdoors-y type T-shirt store. I just loved the decorations and all the little stickers and gadgets.
I decided that Everett's room would look pretty legit if I could add some vintage outdoor stuff to his room!
We walked around a bit and then made it to the amazing ice cream place.
I would have had 100 scoops if it were socially acceptable!

After Jake was done working for the day, he and Everett went fishing.
Everett slipped and fell in the river and actually went floating down the river for a minute. It totally freaked Jake out but Everett saved himself!
They didn't catch anything but had a good, solid boys outing!
*********
Everett was feeling a little bummed that the girls got to go shopping get a toy but he didn't, so the next day just the two of us went out.
I begged him to let me stop at a couple thrift stores and he agreed.
I found some major scores for the new additions I had planned for his "vintage outdoor" room.

*I didn't buy these things
After that we went to the park. I thought it was ADORABLE that he wanted to go to the Santa Rita Park. We usually play there at least once when we visit.
Ironically a group of boys was just starting a game of tag (his favorite). It worked out perfectly. I was able to listed to a podcast (I'm recently hooked on them) and it was just good, you know!
After the boys had to go, this little boy was obsessed with Everett and wantedto keep playing. Everett was such a little sweetheart and played with him for a bit. I was so proud of him.
He was getting pretty hungry so we went to a locally sourced, organic, non-GMO, fat free, vegan McDonalds for a happy meal and an ice cream🍦
After lunch I convinced him to let me show him the T-shirt store that inspired me to add a little vintage to his room. He thought it was pretty cool and agreed he's like it.
We passed by another store and picked him up a little gadget to play with and on the way back to the truck we found one of those consignment vintage booth stores.
We found some pretty cool things but Everett really fell in love with some little cars (I had some just like it from the "unnecessary necessities" shop as a kid) so I got those for him too.
They were only a couple of bucks and he really likes them. He puts his little lego people in them now. I love it.
Then I fell in love with something on the way back to the truck.
This bike:

I don't know why, but I just think it is the coolest bike. I LOVE LOVE LOVE black and white with leather/brown and this bike fits the bill. Later I looked up the brand and found a white one that I MUST have someday. It. Is. The. COOLEST!

I loved my day with Everett. He's a great kid!










