Skip to main content

Lake Knighthorse & Date Night

We were really excited to be in Colorado because we felt like we could play... and play we did! 
We went to Lake Knighthorse in Durango. It's been there for a few years but we've never been. The kids didn't play in the water for super long but the ended up having quite a bit of fun in the sand.
I think Roxy with dirt on her face is one of the most adorable things. She's just too cute 👌
There was another family throwing mud balls at each other so Everett decided to do the same. It was actually pretty fun to see them actually get dirty and have fun together (usually Breckie is a princess about getting dirty).

I was so proud of her! It was one of those things where it was fun until it wasn't anymore. :)
The water was really pretty and it was a nice day out on the lake. 
Later, when we were all clean and dry, Jake and I were able to go out on a much needed date. It seems like everything has been closed for so long. Luckily one of our favorite places was open... with a 45 min wait. 

We walked around town for a little bit and then got to take a seat. It's been interesting with masks and social distancing and how restaurants are working.
I really love dessert so we had to go find a place. 

We found an ice cream place that had homemade, organic, locally sourced, non-gmo, gluten free (you know, Durango style) ice cream. Jake ordered mint chocolate (made with real mint leaves) and I ordered a raspberry crumble concoction that literally fell straight from Heaven onto my sugar cone. 

IT WAS LEGIT!!!!!!!!

Best ice cream of my life, no doubt!