Skip to main content

Miller Creek & Lyman Lake

Sunday, after home church on the porch (you know, because of #covid) we loaded up and went on a walk up Miller Creek.


On the way there, Roxy fell asleep so the rest of the crew started up the creek and we hung back until she woke up. I just sat and enjoyed the fresh air and pine trees. I also read one of the books I brought on our trip while she was napping. I've been reading so much lately. I'm really not a fan of TV (I've never been but lately everything seems extra bad).  
Once she woke up, we headed up the creek. 
It was really pretty and such a nice temperature out. We could hear thunder on the distance but there wasn't any lightning or rain. 
Me and little buddy Roxy! We did the same creek trail almost 4 years ago exactly (when we were waiting for Aunt Effie to get home from her mission and Roxy was in the tummy pack).
We ended up do the whole hike solo. We never caught up with the others but that was okay. We had a good time just the two of us. 
It was actually pretty surprising how many different butterflies we saw! 
We must have just missed Jake and the Grandparents because we got back almost at the same time. They had fun exploring in the water too. 



On the other side of the parking spot is Lyman Lake. We walked down there just to check it out. 
We found some rocks to skip and crawdad claws. Jake even flipped over a huge piece of concrete and found some old iron scraps stuck in there.
Everett and I challenged each other to walk out as far as we could. Everett totally beat me and eventually even went all the way in. 

I may have bet him $5
Breckie wanted to earn $5 too but was too nervous to dunk herself in... so she asked Everett to push her under. It was really cute. 

I kind-of can't believe they both went in all the way! 
I'm so proud that our kids were actually pretty adventurous!