Skip to main content

Guest Room

One morning I woke up and threw on some comfy clothes (because I was going to work on the guest room)... when I went downstairs I discovered that Everett was wearing his camouflage shirt too. 

Later, when Carter came over, we discovered that we had al accidentally matched!


It was pretty ironic! Roxy wanted to take a picture too!


We've been working on a project in our guest room for quite some time. 

A few years ago when the house was getting framed, we noticed that in the guest room (& Everett's room upstairs) the window is set back in the wall about 30+ inches. It left tons of wasted/empty space in the wall. 

So we cut into the wall and created built-in shelves. 

The neighbor kids are always willing to help and they took every opportunity to learn new skills during this project. I've been able to teach them quite a few things. How to use a hammer, how to paint with a roller & how to caulk seams/corners. 

It's funny how my own kids never want to help!


Emily did a really amazing job with the caulking gun. 


I let Roxy paint one of the drawers red. Then Carter wanted to pain the other one brown. The older kids were so surprised that I let them paint... it's only because drawer fronts were going on top so it would be covered anyways!

*Carter even spot cleaned the carpet for me!

Projects are always SO involved! Jake did a really great job building the cabinets and drawers. He painted the first coat but decided I should finish them. 


They turned out pretty cool.


 I put old books and vintage finds on the shelves. We still have hardware to put on them and I've already re-arranged the decorations twice! 

I feel like I might paint the window trim the same light gray as the walls just to give it some contrast... maybe I won't... but I do plan on getting some of those brown roller shades because the white blinds just don't look great.

I haven't taken picture or posted anything about the house in a LONG time (if ever in this house). Life is just so full that it becomes unimportant. Maybe someday I'll take some update pictures. We've don't some pretty cool things in this house!