Skip to main content

I turned 34

This was probably one of my favorite birthdays ever. 

I felt so loved and so special!

It started with a morning bike ride on my new bike Jake gave me the night before. 

When I got back, Everett was waiting with a special breakfast he made just for me!!


I love this kid so much! He is such a sweet guy and it's unreal to watch him grow up so fast. 


It was 100% his idea and he made it all by himself :)


I had special decorations:


The neighbor girls brought over birthday cards right away and I felt SO loved by them. 




Jake gave me TWO birthday cards but didn't write in either of them... he wrote on a piece of paper and then said I could return the cards to Target (because I literally return 50% of what I buy!) It was kind-of one of those "I know you so well" gifts. 


He also bought a journal with a lock on it so we wouldn't be tempted to read it ;)

*My new bike he drove ALL around town searching for! 

The actual day of my birthday was pretty normal. I trimmed the bushes, went to target... but then my beloved mini van died a sad death. I was able to pull into a parking lot before it died for good (one of those "chug, chug, chug" deaths). 

It was unexpected... but so is life. 

The neighbor kids were over for most of the day. They were so happy to be back and playing with each other! (We had just gotten back from CO the night before). 



The evening was super fun. Jake made some delicious Mexican food for dinner. Shrimp tacos, guacamole & chips, fake margaritas with the sugar around the rim... it was really cute. 

The neighbors came over to eat and have cake. 






After dinner we all went on a walk around the neighborhood to look at the Halloween decorations. When we came back we played some games (I LOVE to play games!) and then the girls all had a sleepover in the guest room. 

 



The next morning I had cake for breakfast. Because I had THREE chocolate cakes to eat. (Jake was trying for the perfect recipe... and I'm pretty sure he found it because one of them was PERFECT!!!!)


Jake did such a good job celebrating my birthday. He's pretty much the best ever!