Skip to main content

Hard Time Apologizing

I know this isn't a picture someone would love of themselves posted on the internet... but I was showing a friend a picture of Everett's hair. 

We happened to be waiting in the parking lot of the doctors office. Everett stayed home all week due to the common cold last week. I thought it could have been strep... well, actually our neighbor (whom I consult for all medical related things) thought she saw white bumps in the back of his throat. 

Turns out, he just blew his way through 3 boxes of tissues and watches at least 20 hours of tv...


He would have missed 2 baseball practices and a game but the weather canceled a practice and a game anyways. 

Everett has a friend on the same baseball team and they got into a moment of hurt feelings. Being 10 is hard. Learning how to deal with emotions is also hard and it's revealed a little bit more of an issue for Everett. 

He's having a hard time learning to be humble and apologize. It's been extra tough for him. But I'm guessing that's one reason he has parents... to help guide him through the precesses and learn from experiences.