Skip to main content

Dreams Coming True

The middle of June was when I got to drive the PACKED minivan from AZ to UT! Just me and the minivan!


Jake and the kids stayed back in AZ because they all had something going on there until the end of the week... and then they were going to drive up in the truck with the things we'd use for the Summer. 

Plus, I was going to clean the house and get it ready for the family! Buy food, mattresses, towels, soaps, shampoos... etc. 

It was one of my favorite times! I think everyone dreams of moving into an empty house and decorating it from scratch and I totally got to do it!


Once the kids were here, we got to play and explore and be outside without melting all the way. It was still really hot but not nearly as bad as AZ. 

Breckie and I went for a bike ride and saw the house we were originally planning on building. 


Jake and I came to Utah last October to check out a specific area and we ended up signing a contract to build a house right on the water. 

It was one of those amazing moments where everything worked out just right. Two other people had signed to build a house on that lot and it fell through both times so it happened to be available that week. 

We put lots of money down and I came in January to the design center to design the inside and pick out finishes. 


Thanks to COVID and building material prices increasing, we ended up having to be the third person to back out of the lot (in March). The price was significantly higher than they thought it would be and we just couldn't make the new price make sense. 


But, since it was already in the plans (permits and such) the building process continued and someone else bought the house we designed. 

We spent the first two weeks without any furniture of any kind. Everything furniture related was on backorder and I couldn't get anything for months and months. 

It was a really exciting time but also super stressful. The kids didn't have friends yet and we were still learning the area. Jake was figuring out how to work remotely and I was already trying to talk everyone into moving here permanently.