Valentine's Day is always pretty fun.
How could it not be fun with these three!
It starts with the tradition of following the trail to your Valentine gift.
(P.S. we got a cat. Thats huge news for us. His name is Tiger and he was a stray Aunt Bridget found, nurtured, and then gifted to us.)
I didn't take a picture of Jakes... but it included a XL beanie (because he has a massive noggin and all of his other beanies look something like a yamaka on him), a foot cheese-grader thing (necessary for his ogre feet), a large tin of chocolate mints, extra dark Lindor chocolates (he's a big chocolate & chocolate mint lover), and a fun love note.
He left me a pile of my favorite candies (peanut m&m's, the mini Easter Cadbury eggs (yeah, that's how he rolls)), huge bouquet of flowers (that are still beautifully alive), a very bougie (BOO-zhee) puzzle I wanted from a very bougie home boutique store, AND A CAN OF SPAM! because Valentine's day is also my dad's birthday and he was a Spam fan. It was perfect!!
Breckie got a cute valentine from her friend with a piggy drawn on it (because Breckie is going through a piggy-loving phase... it's kind-of ironic Jake called her "Pork chop" when she was a baby and how much she loves ham and bacon...) and the picture on the right is of a porcupine Roxy brought home from art class.
I also found the paper "Love is... GUS" in Roxy's backpack. I thought it was adorable and sent a picture to Gus's mom... later that night we were "doorbell ditched" and found that Gus had dropped off an additional Valentines for Roxy! It was magical for her Kindergarten self!!
We had a nice dinner (although Jake was a grouchy-butt... which turned us all into grouchy-butts...).
The kids didn't like the healthy version of pretzel/strawberry/jello/salad I made for dessert... BUT I did so I basically ate most of it myself. Dessert.... breakfast... AND lunch the next day :)
I don't know if I should be proud of my dessert-for-breckfast habit because ALL of Roxy's Valentine's candy was consumed as breakfast within the next 2 mornings. Then she moved on to my stash (that included a box of candy Everett gave me!).
Either way, it was a fun Valentines 💘