Skip to main content

Dunes Trip 345

I actually meant to title this post Dunes Trip #45 but apparently I didn't hold the shift key long enough to catch the pound sign above the number 3 key.... but wither way, they are both an exaggeration!

Jake only had a day-and-a-half between his Idaho trip and dunes trip. He squeezed in as much work as he could before he left. 

*This is Kevin... not Jake. (I'd undoubtedly frame it if it was Jake!)

This trip didn't start out as successful as the other 344 dunes trips have 😉
The trip to Kanab UT (from SLC) was snowy and slow. 



The bikes were totally frozen and covered in dirty ice when they got there. After a long car wash the bikes spent the night inside their airbnb to dry. It had snowed a few inches in the town of Kanab... but surprisingly it snowed even more out on the dunes... about 8 inches! 


The first day of riding was completely unsuccessful and a total bummer for the guys. So they changed plans a bit and drove to St. George for the next two days of riding. 


They had all heard that St. George riding was just ho-hum. But it turns out they all liked it even more than their usual Kanab dunes. 



Jake said it was like a mix of Moab riding + sand dunes. 



Jake said that this trip in particular he felt like he was being more cautious. Usually he's all for the jumps and fun stuff but this time he hung back from being more fearless.



Jake has always loved the dunes but trail riding has become more of a favorite now. 
Either way, I know the guys had a fun time. They eat steak & potatoes and junk and energy drinks and watch movies and motor cross races and just have a good time. 

*Jake did stay up untill 11 every night trying to get what he could done for work. 


*This picture is one of my favorites. At first I wasn't sure if Jake was taking a picture of Sean or taking a selfie (Jake is in the background (green shirt)) but I'm almost positive he is taking a selfie... and I think it's the selfie near the top of the post.


Before he leaves for fun trips like these I always say: "Have fun, don't die"... so I'd say it was a successful trip indeed!