Can you believe Everett turned 6 months old on Saturday? I can. Its been fast.... but I totally see how 6 months have passed. A lot has happened and I've loved every minute of it. And I'm not just saying that, I really have loved it all.
I just love his guts!
He's been sitting up for about a week now. It's pretty awesome. It seems like he can't grow up fast enough.
I am pretty sure he was meant to be born a grown up, a last child, or a twin. He needs your 100% undivided attention every waking second, he LOVES to go visit friends, and shopping is his favorite sport. He's usually so good when we go out into public. I think he likes all of the movement. But today at the Dr's he just cried and cried. It's because his crazy mom scheduled his appointment right at nap time. She learned her lesson.
Well, he's 17lbs 10 oz (50%) and 27 1/2 inches long (85%). Dr said the teeth are coming and things are looking good. He told me that I was doing a good job. It made me feel so good even though he probably tells everyone that. It just feels good to hear it.
I've been crossing my fingers that he'd be crawling by now. I have no intention to break any records on how fast your baby can do stuff... but I think that he'd really enjoy crawling. He lays on his tummy and does the most wicked Superman you've ever seen. He kicks his legs, stretches his arms out and arches his back... and makes LOUD NOISES (all at the same time). But no crawling. He'll push his upper body up with his arms and push his butt over his heals... but synchronizing those two hasn't come yet.
I was talking to Jake's mom about it the other day and she said that some babies just walk and skip the whole crawling thing. I wished for that until she said that studies show that babies who learn to crawl are much better readers and spellers than those who don't. Jake never learned to crawl. I've confirmed the studies!
I really hope he learns to crawl....