Skip to main content

Journal #20

I have 19 journals. The earliest one dates back to the 4th grade where I talked about school, boys, and recess everyday. I stopped writing soon after I met Jake... because really, who has time to write in a journal when they're madly in love and spending every waking second with their soon-to-be spouse?

Prior to meeting Jake, I literally wrote in my journal every day.


If there was anything about myself and my past that I wouldn't change, it would be how diligent I was at writing in my journal. I could sit and read through those memories all day. Every time I open up one of those books, I re-learn something about myself or I change my prospective on something.

And I'm so glad I wrote about EVERYTHING. It's not embarrassing to read about past relationships or how much I liked someone. Shoot, Jake's journal goes something like this: Jan 29th I met a girl today. She's perfect. Her name is (not mine) ....... May 22nd I'm Engaged!!! To a girl named Tyrell....


His last journal entry is 1-11-2009. His poor journal doesn't even know about this little fella:



But what I am getting at is that this blog is most definitely my journal now. It has been for almost a year and a half now.... so if I post the 10,000th picture of Everett in the bath tub, please don't be mad. He's just too darn cute and I can't help it!




Or if I post pictures of his crazy nap hair...



Or of his recent run in with blueberries...


I am so glad I took the time to write about my life in those journals, but I have to say, I like the electronic journal way way way better.