Skip to main content

To Cut Or Keep?

I posted on Instagram the other day that I was having this internal (lol, and eternal) debate with myself on whether or not I should cut my hair off. 


I've been talking myself in and out of it for months… and months. 

It gets in the way a lot. Breckie's fingers get tangled in it a lot. It gets really, really hot in the Summer. 

Every reason to cut it, right?

But it took SO long to grow. It's pretty. I like the way it looks. I don't think I look great with short hair. 

Every reason to keep it, right?

So I posted this on Instagram and these are the comments I got from my friends:



Geeze. It's like a 3-way tie between chop it, keep it, and the blessed souls that said I'd look good either way.


I looked online for a LOOOOONG time at hair cuts that I'd love to have. 

The problem was… I'd find one that I loved but then I'd find the same haircut on someone else and I suddenly didn't like it as much. 


Then I decided that I better just look at haircuts for my face shape. I concluded that I either have an oval or square face.


According to the square face, it's suggested that you avoid short haircuts. I found a few square-faced short haircuts online and stuck my face on theirs :)


LOL LOL LOL!!!!


The first two, without question, would look awful. I think I could handle the second two. (The last one is pretty much the exact haircut I had when Jake and I were engaged and it was pretty cute.)

After looking for a while, I decided that I had a similar face shape to Jessica Alba and then starting swapping in my face with her hair:



Even though I didn't do an amazing job with the face swapping (lol, or even a good job!), I concluded that I better keep the long locks. I think I look better that way. 

And I decided that she looks better with long hair too :)

I'm glad I decided not to do anything crazy. I really was obsessing over this girl's hair. I still LOVE it but I doubt I could pull it off… and I'd hate to cute off 4+ years of hair to find out!


I'll keep the long hair for now. I think I'll get a few hair bands and accessories to keep it cute while it's in a pony tail all Summer.