I felt pretty bad about not doing cool things with the kids for the first week of Spring break (although we still had fun, Jake was sick, and we played with friends) so I planned some actual things to do for the second week.
We took a big, long bike/scooter ride on the QC trail. It was actually quite successful with minimal complaining and the weather was great! Everett rode all 5 miles on his scooter.
We had pizza afterwards and I must have thought it was so successful that we didn't "do" anything again until Friday (besides free cone day and having friends over to play).
Friday we went exploring a little. We found this really beautiful place along the salt river. There were little tiny cabins and a horse corral and it was gorgeous.
Plus it was still pretty early in the morning (9 am) with the morning glow of the sun and it was crisp out still. There were sprinklers watering the lawn next to the river and it was Heavenly.
We went down to the river and dipped our feet in the chilly water.
The kids were anxious to get to where we were going so we headed back to the van. The funny thing is that I had an idea of where we could go to get in the water and play on the 'beach' but I didn't have an exact destination.
On our way back to the van a lady asked us if we were overnight guests. I said no and she told us this was private property and we needed to be guests.
I mentioned that we were just out exploring and checking things out and she suggested going to Butcher Jones and told me how to get there.
So we went and had a great time! It was a part of Saguaro Lake that the boats can't get to, it's shallow and super kid friendly.
The kids met a little girl named Ella and had a great time. Breckie has talked about going back to 'the beach' multiple times since we left. We've also talked about getting her a swimming suit because she doesn't have one!!! I'm sure this will just be the beginning of a swim suit collection for all of us :)
On the way back home I pulled over to hunt for more picture spots.
I had to work Saturday morning but then we cleaned house and went to discovery park. (I can't deny that all three of our major outings were motivated by finding spots to take pictures for people... but I don't feel bad because we had a lot of fun each time.)
Plus Breckie has been asking to feed the ducks a lot lately.
Jake and the kids are so patient with me and are usually willing to loan themselves for a quick picture. I wanted to see if these concrete bleachers at the park had any potential.
We went to MOD pizza after that for dinner and it was such an enjoyable experience. Roxy was good. She ate a TON of black olives and drank lots of marion berry lemonade and was content. We ate outside and we devoured our pizzas sprinkled with "prama-shan" cheese.
We stopped by the bookstore and Everett and Breckie picked out new books.
The weather was perfect, and for me, that automatically means everything was great! Plus, things are blooming and it smells great :)
Tomorrow we pick out plants for our backyard. If I'm lucky, everything will survive the year and we'll have our own blooms to smell in our backyard next Spring!




















