Skip to main content

Everett's Mexican Birthday

Sunday was Everett's birthday. We both woke up at 6 am so we took a walk down the beach. 

I had JUST finished telling him about sand dollars and then two minutes later we found our first one! I was so pumped; I love sand dollars!




We ended up finding 8 sand dollars before heading back to the house. 


We also found some ocean life treasures... you know... like poop in the ocean. There's that classic ocean vs. mountains question and I'll always say mountains. I love the mountains. When I get the chance, I'm going to visit all the mountains and climb the ones I'm not terrified of. Honestly, I still wish we could have moved to Utah just so I could see the mountains on the daily. BUT we didn't, and Mexico is only 4 hours away and Jake loves the ocean. So I 'll ignore how much the ocean stinks and sometimes terrifies me :) It's all of the unknowns in the water... like poop!


We headed back to the house and had to wake the rest of our family up so we could go to church. 


We weren't planning on going to church but everyone else was going #peerpressure and we missed the Sunday before (because we were camping) so we kind-of presented the less-than-ideal versions of ourselves. But we went! And listened to the sacrament prayers in Spanish. And the songs and everything else. It was pretty cool and I'm glad we went.... even though Roxy was ROTTEN and Breckie ate her muffin breakfast in church and made a huge mess that I cleaned up with wipes.


After church we went to the Mexican walmart because we forgot candles for Everett's birthday cake. Don't judge us! :) We're just trying to make our one little boy feel special on his birthday!!


I pretty much spent the rest of the day making his cakes (that I didn't even get a picture of!!!) and blowing up balloons and trying to make sure he had a good birthday. 


All day he was a little glum and I kept asking him what was wrong. But then he said it just didn't feel like his birthday yet. He's said this in years past when his cake and presents aren't all laid our first thing in the morning. How did I forget??!?! Maybe I'll remember by the time he's 9. 





But I think the day was saved. We played minute-to-win-it games, duck duck goose in the sand (which was REALLY FUN!!!), and what time is it Mr. Fox. Honestly, everyone had so much fun and it was definitely a highlight of the trip!


Everett blew out his candle and said he wished for a drone. 


I think, in the end, it'll be one of his most remembered birthdays!