Whenever I talk to people about the weather here I always tell them it's HOT until Halloween and then it just becomes less hot. Jake always thinks I'm exaggerating but I'm not. After going to Colorado for the Fall he finally joined my team. Team: 'lets move someday'.
It's still hot. Like high 80's, low 90's. The nice thing is that at least it cools down at night now. It's SUPER nice first thing in the morning. It's a dream. The sunrise this morning was gorgeous.
I LOVE being able to see some mountains from my bedroom window. It fact, we can see mountains from almost every window in our house. I feel super lucky and I love it! They still have a section of neighborhood to build so I think most of our view will go away... but it's been beautiful while it's lasted!
This morning, Roxy and I dug up the dead plants in our front yard and then planted new, different ones. Plants that can survive the hottest hot AZ has to offer. The front yard gets full sun all day, all year and it's HOT HOT HOT. By the time we were done, all of Roxy's hair was wet with sweat.
I'm so grateful that Jake is finally on my side. If I'm SO lucky, that will have been the biggest hurtle... but I doubt it. We still have to figure out everything else and it will probably take years. The best 'worst case scenario' I can think of is that we never move but buy a second house (condo) somewhere.
But however it turns out, I'm still trying my best to look on the bright side. To happily live here until we don't anymore.




