This year Summer Regional was in Sedona.
The itinerary stays the same every year so it's nice that the scenery was a little different!
After the welcome meeting, we had dinner. Dinners the first two nights are always pretty meh. Like cafeteria food but a half step below that. We always joke about how bad they will be.
It seemed like Breckie and Rhett were on a date... it was nice for the kids to get to hang out with the Miller kids again.
Everett seemed to be feeling a little left out so I tried cheering him up with a selfie. It was only more embarrassing :)
Roxy wanted to sit in the baby highchair and she ate 3 slices of cheese and drank her milk... she is our Dairy Queen for sure.
For real though, I think Rhett is in love with Breckie ;)
Roxy tried a little flirting too :)
Our hotel room was pretty sweet. It was a living room with a little dining table and tiny kitchenette plus the two queen beds. It was nice to have some space.
The next day, after meetings, we let the kids swim for a bit and ate lunch. It was kind-of windy but I was so happy to not be drowning in sweat!
One of the other Financial Agents organized a family hike, so we changed and went hiking.
Breckie and Rad hiked and talked together the whole time. They will always be cute little friends.... I think the kids have a relationship with the Millers like I did with my cousins.
I was right behind them for this conversation:
Rad: "It's SO HOT. Why did God even make the sun?!"
Breckie: "Well obviously, He is the Son."
And then:
Breckie: "Rad, guess what? My name means 'cereal' in Spanish"
Rad: "Really!?"
Breckie: "Yeah, my Dad told me that"
I love little people conversations!!
It was a great little hike and perfect for families.
Roxy was funny and would put her head back and stick her tongue out every now and again.
The kids were all red-faced and hot when we were done.
That night we had Mexican food (and it actually wasn't too bad!) and the same magician from last year came and did his show. We sad at the same table as Jack and Vicky Stonebreaker. Jack has been the #1 FA in our region for EVER and he and his wife are in their 60's. They've never had kids so they've traveled the world and climbed every tall peak in the world except Everest and this year they decided to start running marathons.
It was fun to hear their stories. They have a niece that lives in Bayfield and her husband works at Fort Lewis College so it was fun to compare stories.
Luckily my hotel insomnia wasn't tooooo bad, and I brought a book, so the nights were manageable. Other than Roxy pooping her panties the first day in childcare and the second day peeing all over herself and the pack-n-play, (and Everett's general unhappiness about EVERYTHING), the first two days of Summer Regional were great!
















