The morning of Grandparent's Day Breckie told me that parents can come if a grandparent can't. It was also the last day of book fair and Breckie REALLY wanted me to come to that.
I was also watching Carter (the neighbor boy) that day too.
So we all walked to school and checked out the book fair before school started. Breckie picked out a coloring book and some smelly highlighters.
I ran into her teacher at the book fair and confirmed that parents were invited to grandparents day. I also asked if Roxy and Carter could come.
An hour later we were back at school in Breckie's class. She was thrilled.
All of her crafts were ADORABLE!
Ms. Gray goes above and beyond with everything. It's so great for us (I hope she enjoys it!).
Breckie and I played a game of "roll a grandchild" and our person looked hilarious!
Carter and Roxy were great! I was pretty impressed. We walked back home.
An hour later we walked back to surprise Everett. He always seems so embarrassed to see me at school but I also know he loves it.
In his class they had a questionnaire to fill out/ask their grandparents about September 11th. Then we colored a square... it was part of a big collage they put together. Roxy helped.
I asked Everett if he wanted to go to the book fair. We went and he picked out a book of "secret" kills for an x-box game. I'm so proud that my kids picked out a coloring book and a book about video games at the book fair 😱
Everett asked us to stay for lunch... but it was an hour away. So we walked home for the third time. We packed lunches for all of us and headed back an hour later to eat lunch with Everett.
It was really cute to see him with his classmates at lunch.
Also, it was a great way to burn through a day of watching the neighbor kid.
Later Carter and Roxy jumped on the trampoline. It was still wicked hot so I sprayed them with the hose.
And then, since they were already soaking wet, they swam.
Grandparent's day was cute. I'm glad we could go and see the kids in their element.
I got to see each of their new pictures for this school year.
They both look so cute!













