Skip to main content

Grief Update #2

Medication side effects are no joke!

The funny thing is that this whole process started because I felt like my thyroid was messed up... now I realize that all of my symptoms were just side effects of the first medication I was on. 

Thank goodness (I guess) for the side effects because it led me to getting (hopefully) a medication that will work. 

But the transition has been rough. Mostly due to experiencing the side effects of both medications at the same time (the side effects of stopping one medication and the side effects of starting the other). 

In the last month, I have had 2 cold sores, acne all over my face & neck, INSANE drowsiness, serious nausea, muscle weakness (all of these at the same time)  ðŸ˜©


It's hard to voluntarily take something that you know is making you sick with the *hope* that it will make your brains better. 

But it's possible. 

Several of the side effects have gotten better. The nausea is almost all the way better, I only feel drowsy about 25% as much as before and the muscle weakness is much better. 

Maybe in another week or two I will be back to (a less depressed version of) my former self!