Skip to main content

School Days

The last week before Fall break was Spirit Week. On Monday they had a steel drum band come to school for the lunch hour and invited families to come and eat with their kids. 

I came and surprised the kids. 

*Roxy ate the rest of Breckie's yogurt 🙌

One day was pajama day... Breckie was twins with Emily. 


Last week was also the week Breckie was celebrity of the week in class. 


She got to make a poster about herself, read her favorite book in class, and bring her favorite treat to share. 

We also had parent teacher conferences. I got to see the paper we colored at grandparents day and the I heart Everett I wrote in there :) 


Here is Breckie's September 11th craft:


The kids are both doing great in school and are some of their teacher's favorite students (do they tell this to all parents???). 

Everett went through a rough week or two early on. I think it was rough adjusting to a teacher that is a little more "no mercy" than last year. I actually love it so much. He is learning how to take more responsibility. He's the sort of kid that does the bare minimum to get by and I think he is having to put a little more effort into things and he doesn't like it. 

Breckie is doing fabulous. Things are really starting to click for her. She struggles with penmanship and a little with reading. She was writing her 2's from the bottom up and her g's and j's were backwards. 


One day we worked on them a little and the next morning she did this all on her own... before I was even awake!

She is also improving on reading. She read a book the other night I was shocked at some of the words she knew. 

I love my kids and all of their accomplishments and I'm really grateful for public school and their teachers! This is all stuff I COULD NOT do on my own!