Skip to main content

Hiking Flatiron

I really wanted to take Tana on a couple hikes while she was here. I have heard so much about Flatiron, so that's the one we did first. 


It was going to be a sunny & 70 degree Saturday. 


Tana almost stepped on the ENORMOUS tarantella. I pretty sure I gasped like 40 times. Too bad we didn't have anything to compare it to.... if you put your the tips of your thumbs together and the tips of your middle fingers together (to make a circle with you fingers/hands... it was about that big. 



I didn't know exactly how to get to where we were headed, but the scenery was pretty enough that just wandering around was nice. 



I was a little warm but Tana said it was really nice to feel the sun on her skin. #PNWproblems :)



Lost Dutchman State Park is so beautiful. We saw two paragliders. There was seriously zero wind to their glide down the mountain was really fast.



 *don't we take such flattering pictures??! 😂😅


We found the right trail and started our journey up. 




It was really pretty. Things were pretty green from all the rain and a couple cacti had been washed down and split open. It was pretty cool to see. 



We both thought the scenery was so cool!





We stopped on the way up for some snacks and Tana's feet were a little tender. She only had some thin minimalist shoes so she was feeling all the sharp rocks on her feet. 



She decided to just hang out there and let me go to the top. We thought the top was a lot further but it was just up over a steep climb. 



The top was really cool.




The view was pretty great!






After hanging out for a few minutes and soaking in the view, I headed back down to Tana. 



They say going down is just as hard as going up. We both enjoyed it. It was nice to talk and get more caught up in each other lives. 




Her life on the farm is good and challenging, crazy hard and rewarding. 



The walk back to the parking lot was really long. Maybe it seemed so long because I had to pee so bad!! 



Jake had stayed home with the kids, helped them with chores & cleaned the house. Later we all went out to Pita Jungle and shared our love for their hummus with Tana. 


I think she liked it just as much as we do!