After what seems like an eternity of waiting (excitedly), I was finally able to get my stretch-marky and lumpy midsection fixed!!!!!
Three days prior I could only have soft foods like scrambled eggs and soup. The next day I could only have liquids and the final day before surgery I could only have clear liquids till dinner and then nothing.
All of the nurses in pre-op and the anesthesiologist couldn't believe they were doing a 'tummy tuck' on someone who only weighed 110 pounds... but then I explained that I had 8+ pound babies and the skin was ruined forever.
I have worked out to no end (I've even been down to 105 lbs) and there is nothing that will take the skin away. It's just lumpy and saggy. When I do a plank on my elbows, my belly button is held in tight and all the skin around it just hangs to the floor.
My surgeon told me that my muscles were so stretched out in places that they were barely even held together. So he sewed them together, pulled my skin down light, cut me a new belly button and now I'm recovering.
I can't stand up straight (and won't be able to for a little while). Trying to sit up, stand up, lay down, turn to the other side were painful and nearly impossible.
Jake is nurse of the year and takes great care of me!!
He's been cooking and cleaning and making sureI take my meds on time. He gets me water and sits me up and rolls me over. He's the best.
The kids have been keeping me good company.
Breckie did my eye shadow for me :)
My surgery was Friday morning. I was able to come home by about 5pm. Saturday I watched the entire season of the worlds toughest race on Prime TV.
Sunday Jake suggested a Back to the Future marathon.
I'm enjoying my time down... knowing it's the best way to heal and regain strength.
I've done a little reading and I'll probably spend some time updating Instagram with pretty pictures I've never posted.
I did have a goal to make a new photography website but business keeps coming to me without my website or Instagram being up to date. Word of mouth and repeat clients have kept me going and I'm extra grateful for that. It's a fun and flexible hobby I've thoroughly enjoyed for the last few years.
In fact, I have an engagement shoot and a BFF shoot at the beginning or October so I need to be up and able to manage a camera in the next 6 weeks.
Until then, Roxy will be right next to me helping me get back to normal 😁




