Last year a friend introduced me to a garden + boutique in Orem called Sun River Gardens. It's legit.
So I had to stop by on my way to drive the Alpine loop.
This year has been really difficult for me emotionally and I like to take advantage of any opportunity for solitude. So a drive through the mountains was perfect.
*this is an arm-out-the-window-take-a-picture-while-driving photo.
I stopped at the summit and did a hike called Primrose Overlook. Again, It was a little too early for the Aspen leaves to change but it was perfect regardless.
A lot has changed between Jake and I in the last 2-3 years and sometimes it's just too much and I need to be alone.
It's a lot to process and it's overwhelming.
And sometimes nature can help to heal wounds.
From where I stood, I could see Mt Timpanogus, Heber Valley, and Midway.
I spent a lot of time up there soaking it in.
When the sun would shine through the clouds, it seemed as if I was seeing it bounce off of gold hidden in the mountain. This time of year is extra beautiful to me.
I'm so thankful we get to live here now. It has brought so much peace to my soul.
It really, truly has.
But it has also been the source of a lot of hurt, fights, sacrifice, endless tears and contention.
The rest of the loop and drive home was equally as beautiful.
Two days later I hiked Bell Canyon Falls.
It's a beautiful one... but the last mile is honestly like a stair stepper, but made out of boulders!















